Saturday 17 January 2009

Shoe Shopping and Broken Needles

I have many girlfriends that would think that "Shoe Shopping" should be considered either A) an Olympic Sport or B) well deserved therapy. I disagree. I need therapy after the day I have had. My 15 year old son has dragged me through 3, yes THREE, shoe stores today. He "had to have" the perfect football cleats. At the first store, we found a style that he was happy with and a price that I was happy with. Win, win, right? WRONG!! They only had it in a size 15 wide. He wears a 10, of course. On to store #2...they had ZIP!! Then on to the third (and final for me) store. We spent a good 30 minutes looking at football cleats. I mean, give me a break, there are only so many differences in these shoes. Finally, I told him to just pick a pair. Luckily, he didn't go for the $100 pair. That would have been ugly. My husband thought it was hilarious that our UBER-male, testosterone driven son would spend that much time looking at shoes. The only other thing he spends that much time looking at is girls.

Well, after all of that, I came home to my sewing studio for some much needed therapy. I have cut out a size 9 month bishop dress and a size 8 dropped yoke dress. I was so happy with my progress until I went to get my pleater out of the closet. The yoke dress will have a smocked to the shoulder front which means it will take between 20 and 24 rows of pleating. No problem, I have a 24 row pleater. What I don't have are 24 needles! AARGGHHHH!!! My plan was to pleat the drop yoke dress first and then do the bishop. I am going to go ahead and start on the bishop and get it knocked out. The drop yoke will have to wait until Monday when I can go and get some more needles. That means a trip to Mobile which is about 45 minutes away. One way. What makes this the most aggravating is that I was in Mobile today. I didn't even think about those darned needles. Murphy is at work in my life!!

Oh well, tomorrow is Sunday and that means church, lunch, nap, committee meeting, church, dinner, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment